Italian Community Services and BAIA (Business Association Italy America) join together to host a lively evening of networking and conversation about how Italian art and architecture has shaped and continues to be present in the Bay Area. This event is a follow up to our first joint event last year, where we explored the impact of Italian entrepreneurship over different waves of innovation in the Bay area. This year’s panel will focus on examples of Italian art and architecture in the Bay Area, from various perspectives as well as current trends and impact.
SPEAKERS WILL INCLUDE:
LUCA PIGNATA, ARCHITECT AT BAKEN, GILLAM AND KROEGER
ALESSIO DE FRANCESCO, PRINCIPAL OF COORITALIA
TICKETS & RSVP
- How the Italian immigrants imported and applied their craftsmanship, their skills in architecture and building methods in America.
- The projects/work the Italians have contributed to create in San Francisco and the Bay Area. Public, commercial, and residential buildings, landmarks, churches, and notable pieces of architecture, the Italian immigrants have designed or built over the years.
- The Italian-Americans who have become successful contractors and developers, and have contributed to shape the city of San Francisco, and many others in the Bay Area.
- The innovations in design and architecture that Italians are famous for all around the world.
- The ideas and styles Italian architects have brought and are still bringing in California and US with their work.
- The Italian companies and small manufactures, which have been able to import their products and knowledge in the US market, often starting and then becoming successful business ventures in US.
Thank you all that attended. We look forward to seeing you next year.
is an open business network created by and for Professionals, Entrepreneurs and Managers operating between Italy and the United States. BAIA is a non-profit, volunteer-based, independent association founded in San Francisco in 2006.
ABOUT ITALIAN COMMUNITY SERVICES:
Italian Community Services has been serving the Bay Area Italian-American community for nearly a century through the vision and support of Italian-American business leaders. ICS helps individuals and families access and manage the resources they need to live healthy, productive and independent lives. Through educational and cultural programs, ICS also works to preserve the Bay Area’s strong Italian traditions, language, and culture to ensure they remain a source of strength and identity for this and future generations. Thanks to the support of generous donors, Italian Community Services independently continues to build on this legacy of community, culture, education and service.